Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Lenten Sacrifice

So, it's the Lenten season once again. Read so much about things people are willing to give up for 40 days on twitter. I've read about abstaining from sex and self-gratification, not logging in to Facebook, no alcohol and cigarette and so many more. They say giving up certain types of luxury or fasting is a form of penitence for our sins. It's 40 days from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday so that explains why it has to be that long.

Never really practiced this though for the past years, but I'm willing to give it a try this time. I was actually thinking of not smoking since it would be perfect for my terrible cough and sore throat but I don't think I'll last till the 40th day. For sure once am okay I'll start lighting one stick again. Also thought of not shopping for make-up/clothes/shoes but already promised my friends that I'll come by their store opening and private sale this weekend.  

NO RICE FOR 40 DAYS! This would be my sacrifice. Yes, I've already started on lessening my rice intake for 3 weeks now. There are days where I won't take rice but once a Filipino Dish with sauce is served, I forget  and give-in to it again. God, it really is hard to eat without rice specially dishes with sauce. It feels incomplete, not being able to pour the sauce over the rice then mixing it..yum yum! (specially soy sauce and tomato based foods) I have to stop there, if I go on and on about how I love rice then it's not gonna help me with this sacrifice thing.

Let's see if I can do this for 40 days without being tempted. May our Boracay trip this April be an added source of motivation for me to resist rice. This is gonna be hard, I hope our cook cooperates with me on this and stop cooking foods that are best paired with rice. I'll update you on how this goes. 

How about you guys? What are you sacrificing? 


XOXO,

Singlesuzzie

No comments:

Post a Comment