Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Call Me Old-Fashioned

My Personal Trainer at the gym awhile ago was singing to this while we were working out. Blame it on him the song is still stuck in my head till now..haha! 

BINIBI  
Binibini sa aking pagtulog
Ika'y panaginip ko
Panaganip ng kathang dakila
Nitong pag-iisip ko
Ang katulad mo raw ay birhen
Sa abang altar ng punong pag-ibig
O kay ganda
O kay gandang mag-alay sa 'yo

Alaala, at isip at pagod
Sa yo'y binigay ko raw
Binibini, ang aking dalangi't dasal
Dininig mo raw
Wika mo raw ay iingatan ka
Magpakailanman ang purong pag-ibig
O kay ganda
O kay ganda mag-alay sa 'yo
Hooh...

BRIDGE:
Sa 'king tanong magkatutoo
Kaya
Sagot mo para nang sinadya
Hooh...

Pagsapit ng magandang umaga
Ako'y bumalikwas din
Panaginip naglaho't natunaw
Nguni't nar'yan ka pa rin
Paraluman, ikaw ay akin
Sa bisang lakas ng purong pag-ibig
O kay ganda
O kay gandang mag-alay sa 'yo
O kay ganda
O kay gandang mag-alay sa 'yo



I actually like this song, I know some might say that the lyrics are too cheesy but am sure a lot of girls would really melt once someone sings this to them. The song is about a guy's profession of love to the girl he likes, more of a "harana" song.

Made me miss those courtship stage wherein guys would do everything and anything for you. Bring you food when you're sick, accompany you to places you want to go to, take you out on a movie or dinner date and throw in a little surprise from time to time.

Is courtship still being practiced nowadays? All am hearing right now is "nagka-aminan", "nagka developan" and friends turning into lovers. What happened to writing letters, giving chocolates and flowers or taking the girls on a romantic date? Call me old-fashioned but I still want guys doing that for me. I want them to make an effort and go out of their way for me to gauge their sincerity and persistence. 

I still want to be swoon and swept away not only with words but accompanied with actions as well. It doesn't need to be over the top or a grand gesture. Just simple stuff would be fine as long as it comes from the heart and makes me smile. :)





XOXO,


Singlesuzzie

1 comment: